Sunday, April 22, 2007

what the future may hold

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord..
Jeremiah 29:11-14a

To Start my week, I'll be on my own at our West Bend store. It's a one man store, so I have the chance to be very busy. I've been told this is a test to see how well I've progressed, and to gauge my potential as a store manager with Hein. I'm both excited and anxious about it. Obviously, excited due to a potential promotion.

Anxious...let's explore that: I've only been in the electrical supply business for 11 months. I've learned a TON, but there's still quite a bit I don't feel I have a good grasp on. Enter my boss Ron. I emailed Ron a couple weeks ago, asking him what opportunities were coming within the company, and what I should be doing to position myself for those opportunities. Ron stopped by the store I work at in Menomonee Falls and we chatted about it. Basically, I'm in the future plans for the company.

We'll see how things go, and what lies ahead



No comments: