Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Slow down

I guess you could say I'm on the frontline of the economy; or at least, support for the frontline. I have noticed the downturn that started almost immediately after the mortgage bubble popped. Residential electrical is slowing down. Commercial and industrial is still going, which helps, but residential is down. We're feeling it at work; slow days, especially when I'm not out at a store, like today. Little stock to put away, not as many customers since they don't have as much work. I'm not too worried yet, as spring, hopefully, isn't that far away.

I don't call what's happening to economy a recession...it's merely a slowdown at this point. To me, a recession involves massive layoffs and high unemployment; there are still plenty of jobs out there, and I haven't heard of any major layoffs. Everyone's nervous, I suppose.

No comments: