Saturday, May 31, 2008

I love West Allis

So, I drop Holly off at home around 10:45pm Saturday night after dinner with a friend. On my way home, I'm a few blocks away from my apartment when I see an Indy car turn right off of National onto 84th....an INDY car...

As soon as my light turned green, I followed it to Paulie's Pub. Race home, park my car and walk back to the bar to see what I have to do to get a ride...

I walk up, West Allis' finest are issuing a noise citation because one of the neighbors compained.

YOU LIVE NEXT TO A RACETRACK!!!

The racecar in question was the Jim Beam two seater, used for taking fans for rides around the racetracks the Indy car series is racing at. Paulie's Pub must have worked something out with Jim Beam. Funny thing is, the car had headlights, taillights, turn signals and an Indiana license plate...totally legal. Heck, the Harley's are waaaaay louder. Oh well...we laughed it off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...sounds about right.

Diane said...

Good grief. I would have loved to have seen that. Too bad the cop wasn't a race fan - I bet a ride would have convinced him not to issue the citation. Paulie's is the place on 81st & Greenfield?

The neighborhood is not friendly to race fans - the ChampCar night race was turned into a timed race because the agreement with the city was no noise after 10:00 p.m.

Those "neigbors" are the first people in line for the extra (sales tax exempt and probably unreported) cash for parking cars on their lawns during fair week...