Wednesday, June 18, 2008

feeling nostalgic

For some reason today, I missed my old home in Central Illinois. Maybe, just maybe it's that tomorrow, June 19th, marks 9 years in Milwaukee. Nine years since I moved out of my mom's house to the Big City to start new.

I remember the radio station I used to listen to, WWCT, or Rock 106 as it was known. Great morning show to listen to while I drove to school, great rock on the air. I had a couple classes with one of the DJs, and got to know him fairly well.

I remember 4th of July on the Riverfront in Peoria. Fireworks set to music by another station in town. Place would be packed.

Late night movies at the Willow Knolls 14.

Hanging out at the riverfront in Pekin, under the bridge with our musclecars.

Burgers at Schooner's in Morton.

Torpedo's at La Gondola in Pekin.

99 cent gas.

Monday nights at Brown's house.

No comments: