Tuesday, September 9, 2008

surprise!!

A couple weeks ago, Holly informs me that she has a surprise for me on September 4th, and to make sure I don't schedule anything. That's a Thursday, which is usually Dinner and Laundry. My directions are simple...come over to her place as soon as possible after work.

Wouldn't you know, Thursday was busy at the close of business, so I get out of work later than usual. It was raining, so I really couldn't speed with confidence.

We had dinner with her folks before heading out. As we drive, I start to piece together where I think were going, but don't say anything about it, just carrying on conversation.

Holly had gotten tickets to the Brewers game that night. Why? I had been wanting to go to a game, but didn't want to spend the money I've been saving for her ring. Thursday night was her treat. We sat in the bleachers, ate nachos and watched baseball.

I have the most amazing woman on the planet for a girlfriend.

'nuff said.

1 comment:

Moira said...

That's a fact, she really is the most amazing woman on the planet!! You're a lucky fella!