Thursday, August 27, 2009

I'm enjoying what evenings entail at home: dinner, usually a movie and time with my wife. We're still putting away gifts and acquiring more stuff we need, but for the most part, we've got a nice little groove.

As far as my job, two weeks ago I was re-assigned to the main office from the branch location I was managing, with the job of being the swing man again. Being Swing means that I get to travel to any store where the guy managing (or the sidekick) needs time off. I like the variety and I do well at it; that's why I was brought back to be the Swing. The hard part this time is that I no longer live central to all the stores, but farther west, near the Oconomowoc store I was managing. All that means is that I need to be up sooner to hit Grafton, West Bend or Oak Creek. I get mileage for anything over my normal commute to Brookfield, so it's not too bad. Some nights on the way home, I hit a mess of traffic, like today after the Brewer's game, but I'm thankful that I'm still working right now.

We're still getting used to sleeping next to each other. Both of us wake up in the night and adjust, and I'm sure Beloved wakes up at my snoring, but I think overall, we're doing ok. We take turns cooking and doing the dishes and just enjoy spending time together.

I'm liking this :)

No comments: