Saturday, December 5, 2009

Limited only by money

So, the trip to Las Vegas trip Holly and I have been planning may not happen. Holly went to the doctor yesterday to have her wrist checked out and we find out she has moderately severe carpal tunnel syndrome in her right wrist.

We've already got the race tickets, and the hotel booked, and were waiting for a credit card cycle to get the plane tickets.

Holly's concern is that she'll be on short term disability for the 6 week recovery time, making only 60% of her pay and that will make things tight financially.

I'm not concerned; if we have to cancel the trip, yes, I'll be bummed since the trip is my Christmas present, but my greater concern is for that of my wife and her health. We can always go to Vegas later; we can always re-sell the tickets.

Holly's disappointed that I won't get a present from her if we don't go; I'm still getting her present for her regardless.

The more important thing for me is that we get her wrist corrected; Vegas can wait.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

After reading this, I'm reminded of O' Henry's "Gift Of The Magi" where a married couple sacrifice their favorite things because of their love for each other.

Also, we have The God who is Jehovah-Ropha, Our Divine Healer, who I believe heal any and all pain that Holly is taking in and that if more X-rays are taken, nothing will show up, clean bill of health