Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dick Taters

Wisconsin State Senator Tim Carpenter has called Governor Scott Walker's actions dictator-like, refering to the budget repair bill that Walker has proposed.

Stated here, Carpenter refers to Walker's treatment as "The Governor won't return calls, isn't talking to us, being very dictatorial...."

Senator Carpenter, the Governor won't beg you to do your damn job, he simply expects you to show up at the Capitol, as you were voted to do by your constituents, and partake in the democratic process that you accuse the Governor of circumventing.

In 2008, I voted, and although I didn't like the outcome, I didn't throw a hissy fit because I didn't get my way. When National Health Care was passed in Congress, I didn't throw a hissy fit. I'll admit, I was upset, but I didn't withdraw from the process; I went to the polls in 2010 and voted again. My vote contributed to the pendulum swinging to the right. That's how the democratic process works. We the people tell our elected officials what we would like by voting and voicing our opinion to them by phone, email, and letter. In Wisconsin, the majority elected Scott Walker to the office of Governor to correct the budget shenanigans from the previous administration.

Senator Carpenter, you and your Democrat Party allies are holding up the democratic process. Yes, you are in the minority now, but you still get to make your voice heard during the debate over legislation, and your arguments may sway someone to change his or her vote to your side. However, comparing Governor Walker to a dictator like Hitler, Hussein or Gadhafi is completely inaccurate.



Senator Carpenter, I ask you, along with the other Democratic senators, to come back to Wisconsin, so that you may continue your work as you were elected to do.

No comments: