Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Transition

My transition from unemployed to back to work hasn't been too bad. I think the harder transition has been working second shift.

The company I'm working for starts second shift at 3pm and we've been working ten hour days, getting done at 1am. The tougher part has been getting going the day after work. My knees, ankles and back are generally sore, making it harder to find the motivation to get out of bed. However, I promised Holly that I would not stay up all night, so I come home and go to bed, trying to be out of bed by 9am so I can enjoy something of my day before work.

For the most part, it's working. I'm not always out of bed by 9, but I have had a good chuck of daylight to enjoy before work.

If I could get my body to stop aching, I wouldn't mind so much :)

No comments: