Thursday, March 15, 2012

Operation No Pop

It's 1am, and I'm sitting on my patio enjoying a beer after a night at work.

I've decided that I need to cut back on my soda intake. I drank five, yes 5, sodas at work tonight and it caused my alleged ADD to go berserk. Around 9:30, I couldn't focus on the two machines I was running, so I only really focused on the machine with the longer runtime, and ran the other machine when I was done deburring the parts from the first machine.

I'm going to take the next seven days and not drink any soda. Only water and milk. And beer, since beer is also natural. Hopefully, once the headaches are gone, I'll be more even keel throughout the day in terms of how I feel and energy level. Yes, I'm also giving up energy drinks.

I can tell I'm getting into a groove at work because my fingerprints are almost gone, my hands are calloused and I've got several small cuts on them from handling and deburring parts. I actually don't mind it; between the hardened hands and the sore back, I'm glad to be back working. Holly and I made progress on some debt we had acquired the least two years while I was under employed and it feels great to be making some headway.


No comments: