Wednesday, February 8, 2006

more fun at work

if you don't care for strong/harsh/foul language...stop reading now..I may go off





















now for those of you who stuck around, I'm still upset about work last night. Lately we've been under alot of pressure due to the high volume of sales our company has had. Those of us on 2nd shift in the warehouse have been staying for overtime to make sure we can get everything out the door on time...or mostly on time...and being the material handler I'm the one feeding the guys in respool...not an easy task.

What pissed me off about last night was that the temp we've got working with us assed off for the last 10 minutes of the regular shift, then talked with the lead guy for ten minutes into overtime, then went out for a smoke after that....30 mins of nothing getting cut...all while I'm trying to bust my ass to get out the door...I decided I'd had enough...finished the skid of back to stock I was working on, then went home...simple as that...if I'm not sick tomorrow (I feel a cold coming on), I'll probably get asked why I left by the lead, and I'll tell him why, in my totally calm manner...(note sarcasm)...

The other thing is the frequency of smoke breaks some of the guys take....like one an hour...ridiculous..

Last rant...a couple of us have brainstormed how financially sound a third shift would be; it would also prevent burn out (like I'm approaching) of the guys on both 1st and 2nd shift...it would safe us money, due to less OT being paid out, and would balance the work load tremendously...too bad no one in management wants to listen...

that's enough for now...I waited to type this out..had I done it right after work, there would have been a few f-bombs....glad I waited

3 comments:

Brandon J. Brown said...

Good think they pay you... easy to overlook how great it is to have a job in today' economy... easy to think the managers are out to get you... if you have never seen how hard their job is... easy...

Holly o:) said...

Hey babe,

Tell Dave I'm coming for him. I think he would look great decorating my front bumper...just kidding, sort of...

Unknown said...

I never said they were out to get me B...I'm just frustrated with how y shift is expected to work our tails off, and then stay late to get ahead, that's all