Monday, April 10, 2006

boring?

so, I get an email from Holly's sister Katie, stating that both Holly and I have boring blogs. Well, I figure work's been a large part of my life lately, and I'm kinda tired of complaining about it, and I figure people are tired of reading about how much I complain about work, so that hasn't left me much to write about....until now..

The Ranger is dead...I somehow managed to break the passenger side leaf spring mounts, so the truck had a lean to it and it drove a little scary. Happened to see a car I liked, only to be told that it was gone once I got to the dealer. I noticed an Explorer on the lot...took it for a drive, bought it the next day. 1999 Ford Explorer 2 door, black with grey interior, 4x4, automatic, pretty much everything except leather and a moonroof...very nice indeed, and I got a good deal on it.

Saturday, pulled 4 hours overtime, came home and cleaned up, picked up Holly and headed to a "surprise" birthday party for my friend Brandon...I say "surprise" because he managed to figure it out...he's sly like that...after Buca's (yum!) it was back to Brandon's house to just hang out and chill with folks I don't get to see all that often. I had a beer (GUINESS!!) and Holly asked for my keys. Now, one beer does not get me anywhere near drunk, but I knew she wanted a reason to drive the new truck, so I gladly handed them over to her. She enjoys my new truck as much as I do ;)

Sunday, church in the morning, meeting right after church, home long enough to catch some of the race and a short nap, then back to church to set up for the worship night we were having. Overall, the worship night went well and we had a great mix in the crowd. Back home to hang out with Holly some more before the week starts.

Monday (today), did some laundry, checked my email, read some news, took the dog for a walk (and met two other dogs...RUN RUN RUN)...and here I sit typing before I head out the door to head to work. Half day today since I have a leadership meeting at church, but I may, if the workload dictates, got back in at midnight for a couple hours.

There you go...I wouldn't say that's exactly boring, but I don't know if it's entertaining for Katie :P

4 comments:

Chris H said...

How come I don't get a link on your blog, man? You gonna play a brother like that? For shame....

Glad to hear you're doing well. About time the Ranger carked it...

Holly o:) said...

*giggle* anything to get the keys away from you hon...I like your truck!

Anonymous said...

Well, I just asked for something new, because you hadn't updated it in a while. I didn't expect a dissertation. :)
Sorry to hear your truck died, but honestly, that thing was scary.

Zaar said...

Hmm, I think it's 1 1/2 beers :)

Your truck is cool, glad you enjoying it.