Thursday, April 20, 2006

I had a good night at work last night...my body hurts today, but last night was pretty smooth. I order that has me hurting today was 24 cuts by 89' each, piggybacked onto the same reel. When I was done, the order weighed about 1700 pounds..so I'm guessing the master reel I was pulling from was over 2000 pounds before I started. To get each cut moving, I had to pull enough off the master reel so the cable wouldn't slip out of the rubber bands I had holding the end on the reel I was putting the cable on...fun stuff

adding to the fun was a blink in the power about 11:25 last night...everything switched over to emergency power for about 10 minutes before the power came back on...wrap it up at 1 and go home.

I'm sponsoring a middle eastern child..you know where you can give like 70 cents a day to help feed, clothe, house and educate a child in a lesser developed area of the world? Yeah, I'm doing that..it's called owning an SUV. I filled my truck up last night for $55. I know, I lie in the bed I made (ok, I would if I made my bed), and it's not that much worse than my Ranger was, so I'm not complaining just to complain, I'm just letting everyone know that I spent $55 on gas last night. That was for 18 gallons of regular at $3.09 a gallon. The Ranger also had a slightly smaller tank, or at least a shorter neck to the tank...yeah, I'm one of "those" people who click all the way to the top of the neck :P

I've managed to recover from the cold I picked up over the weekend that made Easter less than fun for me...fear not, my plans for this weekend are unaltered!

No comments: