Thursday, February 8, 2007

STEAK N SHAKE!!!


IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! did I mention IT'S HERE?


yeah...so I'm a little excited...ten minutes away instead of fifty...yes, I drove to Gurnee JUST for Steak 'n' Shake, and I took a few of you with me.

I was able to eat at the new SnS in Wauwatosa tonight after work. They're in training mode, so I expected a few hiccups. My server was polite and did a good job, and the food was good....although...the burger tasted a wee bit different than I recall. I'm sure they'll get things ironed out. I found it amusing to be a seasoned veteran in a sea of rookies. The place was full...reminded me of the good ol' days in Pekin, after going out on a Saturday night, heading to the SnS for food.

Busy busy busy lately. My days have been up by 6am, work at 7 til 4:30, then off to a client in the evening, home by 9 or so...wind down...head to bed by 10-10:30. Lather rinse repeat.

Chicago Auto Show this weekend. I'm going with Holly's Dad and Brother-in-law. Should be really cool

I'm getting tired of the cold. It's not so much the cold really, but the wind. And the dryness...my hands are dry. My nose dries out while I sleep, and I wake up having breathed thru my mouth, and my throat is dry as well. Time to snag a humidifier.

Superbowl was fun to watch...even if it rained the entire game.

Daytona.....mmmmmm...racecars.

2 comments:

Chris H said...

I thoroughly enjoyed SnS when I was in Indianapolis. I suppose I'll have to make another trip to Milwaukee sometime, eh?

~Jo~ said...

vroom vroom!!