Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Surviving State Fair

ok..so I live across the street from the Wisconsin State Fair. To be honest, it really hasn't bothered me much..

however, there IS a reason I'm posting this...

it seems that everyone who owns a house within 10 block of State Fair is renting their lawn for parking. I walked across the street to get a burger tonight, and coming home, I noticed that people put ramps down, so the renters wouldn't have a hard time hopping the curb.

Also...

Everyone is out, flagging people down to park in their yard...old people, kids, dogs....all with flags to get your attention. They look right at you, expectantly. News Flash...I live here!!!

Aside from that, it's been fine. The noise peaks around 11pm. I'm used to Harley's racing down 84th or Greenfield at this point, so that doesn't bother me so much.

At least these people aren't around when I'm leaving for work in the morning...

No comments: