Sunday, March 2, 2008

I leave my brain at home on the weekends

Friday night, Holly and I had tickets to Avenue Q at the Marcus. I picked her up and we had dinner at Friday's at the ballpark, then after dinner headed over to the Marcus Center. We were running a bit behind, so we got the car parked on the top floor of the parking deck. Holly had given me a GPS for my birthday, and I always take it off the dash when I leave the car. We get parked and I power off the GPS and hand it to Holly to put in my glovebox. We hop out of the car, lock it and head inside for the show. We enjoy the show and as we put on our coats to head, I can't find my car keys...check under the seat where my coat was stashed...no keys. We head out to the car, knowing we can call AAA if necessary. I have a tendency to leave one of my back doors unlocked, so we figured we'd try that first. As luck would have it, my driver's side back door was unlocked...so I lean in to unlock my door and Holly's door....and the car is warm...I had left the keys in the ignition with the car running. Ya....I was more concerned about stashing my GPS than anything else when we got there...so my car ran for two and a half hours....

Ya....I'm that spacey at times....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, the chad... that's pretty amazing...

Unknown said...

I rarely ever read blogs but since I came across yours and read that you left your car running, I just had to laugh. And here I thought that a lot of women are scatterbrained.

So, how you and Holly doing? Drop a line sometime, don't be a stranger.