Tuesday, March 11, 2008

There's been quite a bit happening lately.

Saturday was the last day for Upward basketball this year. I'd like to say my team won a game, but the closest we came was a tie. Still, I don't coach to team kids the importance of winning, I coach to teach kids to do their best no matter what the circumstances are.

Monday night was the celebration for the Upward season, and I was asked to emcee the night. I got to do the opening greeting, as well as the giveaways we had for both the parents and the kids. My voice is still a bit rough from both the game on Saturday and from whipping the crowd into a frenzy Monday night.

Monday was also the first day of my new position at work. I was approached by one of the higher ups and offered a store of my own. I accepted. To be honest, it's still settling in. To some extent, the reality is there...but my first day still felt like I was just covering the store. I'm sure that as the days turn into weeks, it will all sink it.

I've been getting some solid work from the computer business as well...makes for a busy schedule. Pray that I don't overdo it and am able to spend time with Holly as well.

No comments: