Monday, March 30, 2009

a tragic loss

This morning I confirmed a hunch I had yesterday.

I open the paper and found this article.

I coached Zach last year in basketball, and Karl would often help me even though he wasn't my assistant.

I also knew Luke, the younger son. Fun kid, precocious and always had a smile on his face.

Right now I'm dealing with that feeling of loss and grief, even though I wasn't all the close to the family, I still knew them.

Please join me in praying for this family as they grieve the loss of a father, a son and a friend and the recovery ahead for Denise, Zach and Amber.

3 comments:

Coop said...

If you are interested, our church has set up a blog where they will be posting updates on the family and their condition, at http://pastorheadley.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Thanks Coop

Chad Bainbridge said...

Well, I knew all of them. Every Sunday Lukey and Zach were in my small group and, I guess I was really close to them. We would chat about Star Wars every week and Zach would talk about Age Of Empires alot. Denise and Amber were small group leaders along with me, but with the girls and I rarely ever got to talk to Karl because he was doing sound quite a bit. I remember Zach saying he was tired sometimes because Karl would bring him along at 6 in the morning on a Sunday to prep the booth. So I am taking this extremely hard. When the funeral comes, it will be extremely difficult for me to come up to Lukey's coffin.