Sunday, August 31, 2008

bleah

so, my weekend got shot to hell Thursday night. It appears that I have viral gastritis...how I got it I have no idea.

I was at Holly's folk's house for the usual Thursday night, dinner and laundry and everything was going as usual. During the Packer game, I went to use the bathroom, and while in process, I had to brace myself, as I felt lightheaded.

I made it back to the couch and laid down. I felt disoriented. When my laundry was done, I collected it and got ready to head home.

At some point in the night, I woke up and knew I had to get to the bathroom. Nothing says fun at 3 am like hovering over the toilet.


At 6am I called into work, unable to stand for more than a minute or two. When I woke back up, I scheduled an appointment with my doctor, since I knew this was something I wanted checked out.

Basically, viral gastriris. I'm limited to a diet of bananas, rice, apple sauce, and toast, or BRAT. No spicy food, no greasy food, no dairy.

I spent Friday night at Holly's and slept rather well. After I woke up, the dizzyness returned. I decided that Holly should at least have some fun this weekend, so I asked her to take me back to my place so she could go down to her sister's as we had planned.

I spent Saturday baseball on Fox, college football on ABC and the Brewers game on a local station.

Around 10pm, I hovered again.

I slept ok through the night....waking around 3 am for a time, and then was up around 8:30.

I'm attempting to eat a fried egg...cooked all the way thru, cuz I'm craving solid food.

The Brewers game is on the radio in a few minutes, and the race is on tonight....we'll see what happens I guess....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you feeling better?

Unknown said...

yeah..I was pretty much rock solid on Monday, but I'm still taking it easy diet wise.