Wednesday, December 10, 2008

yeah, it's wintertime

well, we have some snow and cold, so I'd say winter is here.

Work moves on: some guys are busy, but most are slower this time of year. Not a big surprise to me, since my dad was a carpenter for several years and was often laid off in the winter.

I'm growing a beard. I think Holly likes it, but I'll ask her to be sure. Probably just a winter thing, but I've given it about three weeks so far, only shaving my neck to trim it up. I think it's coming in pretty good and it doesn't itch so much anymore. I'll post a picture in another week or so.

Christmas plans have been mostly made, so more travel is in order.

Rod Blagojevich, Governor of Illinois, was charged yesterday with a couple counts of corruption for trying shake some people in non-government positions down. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or a guy with better hair. He gives Trump a run for his money.

Daniel Plainview said...

You must show a pic sometime. There's this kid at church who is growing a beard (a junior at Brookfield, of all things) and if he shaved around the chin could possibly be passed off as Wolverine

Unknown said...

I'll see what I can do about the pic. I tend to not do the "myspace/facebook" pose that often unless I have someone in the shot with me.