Sunday, February 8, 2009

the wait is over.

I have my iPhone.

The number porting process took about 24 hours over all, but all of my stuff is AT&T now.

Holly and I headed to the Apple Store at Mayfair for my 10:30 appointment. When we got there, I stepped up to the Genius Bar and waited for the next available Genius. My Genius' name was Ernie and he took care of me. I went with the 8 gig iPhone, and picked up a pack of screen skins and a car charge with a radio adapter. Ernie went through the process of moving my phone number over from Sprint over to AT&T.

When I had paid for everything, Ernie gave me a quick primer on the features of my iPhone. After that, Holly and I headed back to her house, where I plugged my iPhone into my Powerbook to charge it and also add the apps I had already downloaded in preparation of getting my iPhone.

Holly picked up my phone and started playing with it...when she was done she handed back to me. I go to unlock it and find out she had put a lock on my phone...

I was less than amused.

I made one attempt to unlock my phone, then shot her a look that let her know she needed to fix the problem she had created, which she did.

All day long, Holly kept calling me, only to get the voicemail I had left on my old Sprint phone. Finally, after church today, she tried and my iPhone rang :)

My number is still the same, so give me a call :P

1 comment:

Holly o:) said...

Come on, that was hilarious to see your face! Mom said you looked like you were about to cry! :P