Friday, May 19, 2006

pushing on...even when I don't want to

this week has been long...10 hour days at work and not much time otherwise...I've been getting to bed later and later...last night was just after 6am...tonight will be more of the same I'm sure.

Why? I'm at church, it's 4:30am and I just finished pulling the network cable to tie the Mac into the network for Ben. (BTW Ben, you really ought to log out when you leave for the night...mmmmkay? PWND!!)

Why am I pullling network cable this late? I got done working at 2 and I had promised Ben that I would tie him in a couple days ago. Tonight I pushed thru, even though I had to take an unconventional route, do some drilling and eventually, I'll need to affix the cable to something more permanent...

Work has been tough too...the 10 hour days wear me out. I've agreed to stay on and finish out my two weeks and not take the second week as vacation to help out my boss and the guys I'm leaving behind...Holly thinks I'm crazy, but admires my loyalty. My boss wasn't surprised when I offered to stick it out and has thanked me a couple times already. Last night at work I had to fight off the desire to just pack it in and screw off for several hours...we're actually getting ahead for a change.

I'm going to go home now...and sleep I think....I'm hungry.,.....maybe a sandwich before bed....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, for pulling that through. I was actually having AE do a little work for me after I left the other night for Martha's project, oops!
As for pushing on when you don't want to...keep it up! It is a good thing in moderation ;P