Wednesday, May 17, 2006

transitions

this week at work we're pulling 10 hour days in an attempt to dig ourselves out of the hole sales keeps putting us in. I don't mind so much, except that it has really wiped me out in just two days...I was home by 2:30 this morning, walked the dog, and started working on a co-worker's computer....the caffeine finally wore off at 5 and I crashed...got out of bed about 2, grabbed a sandwich and I'm now mentally gearing myself up for tonight. I think the hardest part about 2nd shift for me has been the lack of social interaction with my friends. I see the guys at work, and I've gotten close to a few of them, but they aren't my friends I've had...follow me? I've got goofy hours that result in email tag with alot of my friends, and the occasional phone call during the week, and trying to see people on the weekends...

That all changes soon...I'm hoping to have some time, like a couple days, to adjust back to waking up in the morning, but nothing is too certain at this point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It took me a few months to fully transition to daywalker, but I know you are going to love it! The best thing you can do is use the weekend in between jobs to dive right into night sleep. Just remember to get to bed at a decent time and to wake up at a decent time. No staying up late or sleeping in early on.